1. Collected Information
Smart Oil Services Data. The Web App and/or Mobile Apps collect various information at setup time. When you set up an Account, you will be asked for information like your postal ZIP code and an email address. Your email address is used for communications from CCF. During the course of usage of the Smart Oil Services, we will collect various types of information, including: application usage information to monitor customer experience, and crash and error information for improving application experience.
Sensor Data. The Smart Oil Gauge™ oil tank gauge collects data about the level of fuel oil in your home oil tanks in which it is installed. This data is sent to our servers, where it is stored indefinitely.
Third-Party Transaction Information. In some instances, we may enable interaction or transactions with third-party platforms (e.g., Amazon Echo). In the event that you choose to engage in such third-party transactions, we may use information you provide to conduct these transactions.
2. Use of Collected Information
No information that we collect that is identifiable to you will be used in any way outside of our company without your express consent, except to the extent identified in this section.
We may use the collected information in an aggregated, non-identified form for research purposes and to help us make sales, marketing, and business decisions. For example, we use aggregated user information about the number of active Smart Oil Gauge™ users in a particular geographical area (e.g., postal ZIP code).
In addition, we may use information that we collect in the following ways:
· To improve the Smart Oil Services and Products. This includes improvements that are specific to your installation and that improve the Web App, Mobile Apps, Products, and Site.
· To identify devices that may have low battery status or may be failing.
· To send you alerts that you have enabled, such as a low fuel oil tank level.
· To provide you with information specific to your use of the Smart Oil Gauge™ device, such as a summary of device usage over time.
· To understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Smart Oil Services and Products.
· To respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service.
· To provide and deliver the Smart Oil Services you request.
· To send you related information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We may use service providers to perform some of these functions. Those service providers are restricted from sharing your information for any other purpose.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
· with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
· with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
· in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated, or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. For example, we may publish information about trends in home oil use in (e.g., in certain regions) as interpreted from aggregated oil tank level data. We take steps to keep this non-personal information from being associated with you, and we require our partners to do the same.
4. Security of Information
We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Connected Consumer Fuel generally stores your personal information for as long as you remain a CCF customer in order to provide you with Smart Oil Products and Services.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.